Hi from USA in Estonia

Section for foreign Mazda fans, registration needed.

Hi from USA in Estonia

PostitusPostitas rotorx7 » 13 Juul 2010, 12:33

Hello, I'm Chris
I'm from the States visiting this summer in Estonia.
This is my 3rd time here actually, but likely will be working here for my company next year.

I'm completely obsessed with rotary's but currently drive a Nissan 300zx in the U.S.
Owned 4 Rx-7's, would love to have another. My avatar is my arm.

Okay, I'll try this in Estonia...

Tere! Mina olen Chris,
Olen pärit Ameerikast, ja kulustan see suvile Eestis
See on minu kolmas kord siin, aga voimalik järgmine aastale ma tulla tagasi töötama minu firmale.

Ma armastan rotaarimootorid, aga praegu mul on Nissan 300zx Ameerikas,
Mul oli 4 Rx+7 d aga, tahan teine.... ja jaa, minu avatar on minu käsi :thumbup:
Kasutaja avatar
rotorx7

Re: Hi from USA in Estonia

PostitusPostitas Ch » 13 Juul 2010, 15:51

Welcome :wave:
Ch

PostitusPostitas IvarR » 13 Juul 2010, 17:52

Yeah welcome. If your in Estonia you can come to some of our meets, we meet every month in Tallinn and we also have some charity events and our annual Mazda Summercamp thats this weekend. So you are more than welcome to visit us :wave:

Got 2xFC-s myself so do know what you mean ;)

IvarR
Megasquirt ajude müük/paigaldus
Custom turboprojektid
Eesti kiireima Mazda ehitaja: Rx7 493whp/650nm
Kasutaja avatar
IvarR
Administraator

PostitusPostitas Mario » 13 Juul 2010, 18:15

this is seriously cool to see people from the other side of the Atlantic..
where will you be exactly? In Tallinn or somewhere else?
As Ivar already said, you're more than welcome :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer... Then you've got an electrical problem!!
Kasutaja avatar
Mario

PostitusPostitas MaSu » 13 Juul 2010, 18:34

hi and you are most welcomed here :wave:
and, btw, very impressive estonian skills :thumbup:
Kasutaja avatar
MaSu

2005 Mazda 3 GT Aero

PostitusPostitas rotorx7 » 23 Juul 2010, 14:38

Sorry for the long and late reply,
Just taking some time to get used to the Estonian on the page, google translator helps, but isn't good.

I'm staying in Nõmme area, but will be leaving soon to finish up college in Kansas.

I do know for sure that I will be returning next January or February. Since I will be staying for an extended period of time, I will be selling my car in the States to buy one while I am here.

I would be interested in another Rx7, preferably s4 or s5 (86 to 91) since 3rd gen is nonexistent, or perhaps another 300zx 90 and up model. Do any of you guys know where to find these cars around here.

I know they are difficult to find in good and inspection worthy condition.

How many rotorheads do we have in here anyway? Where and when do MazdaKlubi events take place?

Thanks for the warm welcomes

-Chris
Kasutaja avatar
rotorx7

PostitusPostitas Evert » 23 Juul 2010, 15:47

rotorx7 kirjutas:I would be interested in another Rx7, preferably s4 or s5 (86 to 91) since 3rd gen is nonexistent, or perhaps another 300zx 90 and up model. Do any of you guys know where to find these cars around here.

topic11717.html

:D :D :D

or http://eng.auto24.ee/kasutatud/auto.php ... _missing=1

But I think those are probably pretty much the only Rex's on sale in Estonia right now (or for a while, actually).
Evert
Moderaator

PostitusPostitas rotorx7 » 27 Juul 2010, 14:48

Aha, yes, this is nice T2
Its interesting it says it is an 89 model although it has 86-88 spec lights on it.

I noticed Ivar's post of his T2
and this car here is quite nice also.

As far as I know there was originally just over a few thousand T2's produced in the USA, and as I understand now there is less than 500 still registered in driving condition.

Its rather cool to see a few here.
Kasutaja avatar
rotorx7

PostitusPostitas IvarR » 29 Juul 2010, 12:15

rotorx7 kirjutas:I noticed Ivar's post of his T2
and this car here is quite nice also.

My S5TII cars engine is not stock btw, its 6-port and ported intake to take 6-port irons. And its not stock 9.0:1 CR, im using 9.4:1 CR rotors in mine and exhaust ports have diffusors in them to reduce lag and @stock boost level it gives me 300rwhp on 98pump gas according to GTech PRO.
And it has only ~2000km on the new engine and no crash history whatsoever
The previous engine had over 200 000km on it with perfect service history every 5000km oil change etc, the day it was brough to Estonia the owner did a oil change and used wrong oil and it lasted for about 37km

I also have a ´87 S4 shell that is gonna be for track days (time attack, maybe drifting etc) but its currently without engine, its not easy to get rotor engines in Estonia :(. Probably gonna use something else from Mazda , F2T or FE3N+turbo i think because rollcage is gonna mess up the weight distribution anyway.

rotorx7 kirjutas:Aha, yes, this is nice T2
Its interesting it says it is an 89 model although it has 86-88 spec lights on it.

I went to take a look at the grey one, it has had a front crash, all panels in different tone and lot of cutting etc done to the dash, also fitted with a cheap drivers bucket seat. Also no previous service history, some of the clamps were loose under the hood and cracked vacuum lines etc.

IvarR
Custom turboprojektid
Kasutaja avatar
IvarR
Administraator

PostitusPostitas rotorx7 » 29 Juul 2010, 23:47

Thats interesting, its definitely not stock if its a 6 port. Are you using a standard 6port motor from an NA modified for a turbo setup? That hasn't been attempted by many people if that is the case. It would be really interesting to see the setup in person.

Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to tweak with turbo rotaries since they are a pretty $$$$. Just only a little experience with the First gen and Second Gen NAs.

Ah man, what type of oil did he use in it? Rotaries are pretty easy to screw if your not familiar with it. I've seen this same problem with the Rx-8 Renesis owners, even though it has an advanced oil injection system. How is your's setup? Is it setup for pre-mix or do you still have the OMP (Oil Metering Pump) on it?

I was interested in checking out the rx7 at that dealership, so thanks for the heads up. I can't buy one yet since I'd have to sell this Nissan 100nx that i already own here. (if you know anyone interested let me know).

What is the difficult part about getting rotaries here in Estonia? I'm sure that parts in general are hard to come by. I would suppose the best way to order one is in pieces, and fortunately the engines are small.

A place I have used in the states has been really helpful in the past. http://www.atkinsrotary.com/
Shipping is probably a pain in the ass since Estonia has that pretty harsh tax on all imported products, but its definitely worth checking out.

Got any pics of your T2 setup?
Kasutaja avatar
rotorx7

PostitusPostitas IvarR » 31 Juul 2010, 19:59

rotorx7 kirjutas:Thats interesting, its definitely not stock if its a 6 port. Are you using a standard 6port motor from an NA modified for a turbo setup? That hasn't been attempted by many people if that is the case. It would be really interesting to see the setup in person.

It's S4 NA and S5TII mix of parts, some things custom made etc.
Some fabrication work: (i will not reveal exact trouble points of the conversion since it cost me an arm and a leg ;) )
Pilt
Pilt
http://img200.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01027d.jpg

IvarR
Custom turboprojektid
Kasutaja avatar
IvarR
Administraator

PostitusPostitas rotorx7 » 03 Aug 2010, 11:23

It looks like you plugged up the 6 ports to a 4 port design, ported the secondaries, fabricated t2 turbo to the NA manifold.
I can imagine a royal pain in the A$$.

Thats seriously cool though! Good work!

Back when I was in high school (6 years ago), I put one of these puppies in my rx7. I had some trouble with the 1st gen Nikki Carb, so I got pissed off, went to the junk yard took a Holley 600 CFM carburetor off of a 1952 ford 302CI V8, rebuilt it and put it on the 1.1 L 12A. :D It was fun!

Pilt
Kasutaja avatar
rotorx7

PostitusPostitas IvarR » 03 Aug 2010, 21:12

rotorx7 kirjutas:It looks like you plugged up the 6 ports to a 4 port design, ported the secondaries, fabricated t2 turbo to the NA manifold.
I can imagine a royal pain in the A$$.

Im using T2 S5 turbo manifold on S4NA engine, its not plug and play, it looks like so but it isnt. Also custom turbo oil and water lines etc :P

The stock T2 hasnt got any low rpm power but i do, i can use 1000-2000rpm for city driving. And when i floor it turbo spins up instantly (less lag and not so big hp difference on low rpm on/off boost and that gives better drivability vs the stock T2 that hasnt got any power low rpm and when turbo spins then instantly spins wheels etc) with high compression engine and holds boost till rev-limiter with no problems.
GTech shows smooth 300rwhp.
IvarR
Custom turboprojektid
Kasutaja avatar
IvarR
Administraator

PostitusPostitas rotorx7 » 15 Nov 2010, 09:07

Well, I apologize for not talking for quite a looooong time, but hey,

I sold my nissan 300zx, and I'm gonna be checking out some cars to buy in Estonia, when I come in January
Hey IVAR, Check out this

I'm sure you've seen it...
http://eng.auto24.ee/used/758331

This looks sweet, is it even legal to drive???
Kasutaja avatar
rotorx7

PostitusPostitas Siim » 15 Nov 2010, 12:15

Steering wheel location gonna be a problem.
Est/Fin/Lt/Swe :)
Kasutaja avatar
Siim

PostitusPostitas IvarR » 15 Nov 2010, 21:18

Its PITA to register and buld LHD car to RHD car in Estonia.
You looking for 3rd-gen or 2nd-gen rx7?
My red 2nd-gen 6port turbo is for sale also. Needs some bodywork(new paint) but is rust free.

IvarR
Custom turboprojektid
Kasutaja avatar
IvarR
Administraator

PostitusPostitas rotorx7 » 17 Nov 2010, 06:12

Well, I'd love to say that I would purchase an Rx-7 in the near future, but given the circumstances, I'll have to lean more toward a practical four door.

With regards to your Rx7, How long is the inspection good for? Will it pass emissions and all the other stuff it would have to go through? I know that over the last year, vehicle inspections are hell to get through in Estonia. I own a Nissan 100nx currently in Estonia, I went to have it inspected in July 09 and it didn't pass emissions by .02 or something, its been sitting in the snow since.

Whats your asking price for the Rx?
Kasutaja avatar
rotorx7

PostitusPostitas IvarR » 18 Nov 2010, 16:04

rotorx7 kirjutas:Well, I'd love to say that I would purchase an Rx-7 in the near future, but given the circumstances, I'll have to lean more toward a practical four door.

With regards to your Rx7, How long is the inspection good for? Will it pass emissions and all the other stuff it would have to go through? I know that over the last year, vehicle inspections are hell to get through in Estonia. I own a Nissan 100nx currently in Estonia, I went to have it inspected in July 09 and it didn't pass emissions by .02 or something, its been sitting in the snow since.

Whats your asking price for the Rx?

No problems with inspection/ülevaatus through me. Can get inspection/ülevaatus to every car i need.
Im asking 35K estonian/2250eur for it atm.

IvarR
Custom turboprojektid
Kasutaja avatar
IvarR
Administraator

PostitusPostitas rotorx7 » 19 Nov 2010, 10:29

Out of curiosity, you are able to bypass inspection?
I know that in Estonia, so much of the inspections are quite computerized nowadays, and they put a lot of cameras up in the inspection facilities. There are some places I think, or if you know somebody, you can throw 1000 or 2000 EEK cash before the inspection they'll let you through, but lately they've been cracking down on that.

I have a Nissan 100nx that needs to pass inspection sometime in January or February when I return to Estonia, but I figure that every 500EEK i throw at it, it will never pass, I've got to sell that thing.

After I sold my 300zx here in the states, I've got some money saved up for a new car, right now, of course I'd like to purchase an Rx7, especially an FC, especially a turbo, in a place where so few exist, but given my work situation, I'll need a 4 door car, when dealing with business clients. But sooner or later, an rx7 will be on my list for, lets say, pleasure.

35000 Kroons = Approx 3060 USD. Thats not a bad deal, in my opinion.
Kasutaja avatar
rotorx7

PostitusPostitas KRANTS » 19 Nov 2010, 20:22

Here, in Estonian, have every other corner that inspection, where you must pay 900 to 1000 EEK. I knov, Ivar knows, and many more people know few place, wher cars without engine or/and wheels will bypass :mrgreen:

In here, its not a problem. :crazy:

Cameras are everywhere, because of that you must just get your ride in there, and thats all :wink:

IvarR kirjutas:Im asking 35K estonian/2250eur for it atm.

IvarR

€uro hinda ei tõsta! Ausa kaupmehe värk :mrgreen:
KRANTS

PostitusPostitas Siim » 19 Nov 2010, 20:49

You don´t need to get your car there,then inspection cost 1500-. :mrgreen:
Kasutaja avatar
Siim

PostitusPostitas KRANTS » 19 Nov 2010, 20:51

_siim_ kirjutas:You don´t need to get your car there,then inspection cost 1500-. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You dont even need any car and you can pay them 2000.- :lol: :lol:
KRANTS

PostitusPostitas Siim » 19 Nov 2010, 22:06

maybe... not sure about that :lolno:
Kasutaja avatar
Siim

PostitusPostitas rotorx7 » 19 Nov 2010, 22:43

[quote="KRANTS"]Here, in Estonian, have every other corner that inspection, where you must pay 900 to 1000 EEK. I knov, Ivar knows, and many more people know few place, wher cars without engine or/and wheels will bypass :mrgreen:

In here, its not a problem. :crazy:

Cameras are everywhere, because of that you must just get your ride in there, and thats all :wink:

So, you are saying, just bring ARK documents, bring 1500 EEK cash, Insurance, and without your car, still able to get through inspection??? you just have to know where to go, and you guys know some places?
Kasutaja avatar
rotorx7

PostitusPostitas roossaar » 19 Nov 2010, 22:47

Just the money and documents no insurance needed :D
Aina paremaks läheb...
roossaar

Järgmine

Mine Talk in English

Kes on foorumil

Kasutajad foorumit lugemas: Registreeritud kasutajaid pole ja 0 külalist